♦ Download Weekly [ Sunday, November 30, 2014 edition ]
New!! ♦ Download Monthly [ December 2014 ]
//click refresh if you do not see current issue//
or you may search below for ALL news or via CATEGORY ::
"Working in the Silence"
♦ Traditional Worship, Sanctuary
8:15, 9:30 & 11am: Rev. Tony Vinson
♦ Contemporary Worship, Wesley Center
9:30 & 11:00am - Rev. Kevin Johnson
♦ Servicio en Español, Wesley Center
1:45pm - Rev. Alberto Williams
Children’s and Youth Sunday School – 11am only
Childcare for Pre-K and under will be offered during both 9:30 and 11am worship hours
|Acolytes - Traditional Worship
Sunday, November 30
// Sunday, November 30, 2014 Weekly edition //
New! [ December 2014 Monthly Newsletter ]
//click refresh if you do not see current issue//
This series will explore the miracles of the Christmas story and remind us all that God is at work - even today - in amazing and wonderful ways.
Week 3 - December 14 - "Armies of Angels"
Week 4 - December 21 - "A Cosmic Occurrence"
Christmas Eve - December 24 - "The Smallest Miracle"
Abilene Christian University Opera Presents: Amahl and the Night Visitors
Sunday, November 30 at 5pm, Sanctuary
There are openings in the chorus (your part must be memorized) for children (grades 2-5), youth and adults. If you are interested, contact email@example.com or call 832-240-4713. You will be working alongside ACU students who will also be in the chorus. Required rehearsals include Saturday morning and afternoon, November 29 as well as Sunday afternoon, November 30. Join us!
6:00-8:30pm each night; Tickets: $1
Walk thru Bethlehem, December 13, 14 & 15, 6pm to 8:30pm. Tickets available at the door!
[ Register to Volunteer ]
Walk through Bethlehem – Volunteer now to work in a booth!
Please sign up online [ clearlakemethodist.org/wtb ] or you can call the Outreach Office. Connect Groups wanting to be in charge of booths for either one night or all three nights should contact Marcella, 832-240-4708.
- Sally Williams
Crystal Commemorative Christmas ornaments will be available on Sunday, November 30 in recognition of our church’s 50th anniversary in 2014 for $15 each. There is a limited supply of ornaments. They may be purchased in the Fellowship Hall or Wesley Center with cash or check payable to CLUMC.
Sermon Series in Traditional, Contemporary & Spanish Services
2014 Advent Calendar & Christmas
Tuesday, December 2
- Cookies with Santa, 6pm, Wesley Center
Saturday-Monday, December 13-15
- 26th Annual Walk Through Bethlehem
- 6:00-8:30pm Nightly; $1
Wednesday, December 17
- Children’s Christmas Dinner Theater, 6pm,
Wesley Center; $7 adult, $3 child, $15/max
Sunday, December 21
- Messiah Sing-Along, 7pm, Sanctuary
Wednesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve Services)
- FX Live! Family Worship Experience, 4pm, Wesley Center
Candlelight & Communion Services:
- Contemporary Worship, 6pm, Wesley Center
- Traditional Worship, 7, 9 & 11 pm, Sanctuary
- Celebración Servicio en Español, 8pm, Wesley Center
Sunday, December 28 (Regular Sunday Schedule)
- Traditional Worship at 8:15, 9:30 & 11am
- Contemporary Worship at 9:30 & 11am
- Servicio en Español at 1:45pm
- Childcare available 4 & under
- No Sunday School; No Youth Group
Encounter (Youth Group)
6-8pm, Fellowship Hall & Great Hall
Food ($3), Fun & Faith
Snack Supper will be held in the Fellowship Hall, followed by Encounter (Youth Group) in the Great Hall.
|Weekly Worship Attendance|
|Sunday, November 23 (am)
50th Worship Celebration (pm)
|Sunday, November 16||903|
|Sunday, November 9||914|
|New Members YTD thru 11-23-14|
|Professions of Faith||42|
|Transfer (from other Churches)||37|
|Weekly Operating Budget Giving (11-23-14)||$29,806.00|
|50th Anniversary Celebration Giving (11-23-14)||$6,772.50|
|Monthly Auto-Give (November 2014)||$48,819.33|
|Monthly Ministry Budget|
|Income Received YTD thru October||$2,172,442.00|
|Expenses YTD thru October||$2,230,753.00|
|Net Income (October)||($58,311.00)|
|Operating Budget Pledges for 2015|
|Received to Date||287|
|If you are interested in signing up for auto give, please contact the Finance Office at 832-240-4700.|
The mission for December 2014 is the Children's Center - Galveston. Our United Methodist Women invite all women to join one of our monthly meetings. See the information below for times and contact persons. We look forward to seeing you! You do not have to be a member to attend. Join us at a time that is convenient for you. Delicious food is always provided at our meetings. [ Childcare provided upon request ]
UMW December 2014 Meetings
* Wednesday, December 3 – Night Group 4 Meeting, 6pm, Fellowship Hall, Lynda - 713-320-9183
* Thursday, December 4 – Unit Meeting, Election & Installation of Officers, 9:30am, Wesley Center
* Thursday, December 11 - Day Groups Christmas Gathering - 10:30am;
- Group 1: Teresa - 281-461-6569
- Group 2: Loa - 281-461-8986
- Group 3: Ernestine - 936-348-4901
* Saturday, December 13 - Group Meeting – 10am, Elrod 311
- Group 6: Sonia – 832-316-7753 (En Español)
For more information you may contact the UMW President, Jean Gates at 281-997-8777, firstname.lastname@example.org or any group leader.
United Methodist Men
Monthly Meeting: Monday, December 8
* Monthly Meetings: 2nd Monday of the Month; 6:30-8pm, Fellowship Hall
Fellowship, refreshments, speakers, community and mission outreach events, bible studies, spiritual growth programs are presented at these meetings. For more information contact Phil Palma at email@example.com; 281-704-6851 or George Redd at firstname.lastname@example.org; 713-598-3030 or email@example.com
* Men’s Tuesday Morning Bible Study - 6:30am, Elrod 311; Vic Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-684-3156.
* Men’s Tuesday Night Bible Study - 7pm, Flanders 420; Jim Brackeen at email@example.com, 713-419-7831.
* Men’s Breakfast Fellowship - 2nd Saturday of the Month, 8am-9am; Denny’s Restaurant, 2735 Bay Area Blvd, Houston, Texas 77058 (Bay Area Blvd near U of H-Clear Lake); Mike Crane; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kenya Mission Trip - 2015
Our 2015 mission journey to Kenya will be June 11-27. You are invited to learn about the trip and the cost at this meeting. Please come Sunday, December 14 at 12Noon in Flanders 429. For more information contact Jordie Chalupnik at 281-332-4409.
| Page 1 »
1-15 of 63